A number of car parks that Parking Awareness Services manage are monitored using automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras. It is not a requirement to display a ticket within your vehicle unless the signage states otherwise. Our systems link your transaction from the payment machine to your vehicle registration. With this in mind, you should always ensure that you enter your full and correct vehicle registration into the payment machine when purchasing a ticket. If you do not receive a ticket from one of our parking machines, it may be that your transaction was not completed correctly and as a result, your payment may not have been successful. In all cases we would advise that you read the terms and conditions of parking carefully as these can vary from one car park to another.
Articles in this section
- I have a question which I'd like answered, how do I do this?
- I wasn't the diver, but would like to provide their details and pass liablity onto them.
- I’m not happy and wish to file a complaint. How do I do this?
- What will happen if I ignore the Parking Charge?
- Why is car park management required?
- Why have I received a Parking Charge?
- I attempted to pay for parking and did not receive a ticket from the machine, is this a problem?
- I regularly park on a car park managed by Parking Awareness Services, is it possible to obtain contract parking or a season ticket for parking?
- I wasn’t the driver, therefore I will not be paying the Parking Charge. What will happen?
- Will the parking charge increase if I lose my appeal with the IAS?