Should you park in one of Parking Awareness Services’s paid parking car parks, you should receive a ticket from the machine when purchasing time to park. This should outline the amount of parking time that you have paid for. Alternatively, you may be required to make payment via the business that the car park serves; e.g. at the hotel reception etc. If this is the case, we would advise requesting an invoice or receipt from the site at the point of sale. If you have paid by phone, you may be able to obtain a receipt by logging into your PaybyPhone account on a desktop computer.
Articles in this section
- I have a question which I'd like answered, how do I do this?
- I wasn't the diver, but would like to provide their details and pass liablity onto them.
- I’m not happy and wish to file a complaint. How do I do this?
- What will happen if I ignore the Parking Charge?
- Why is car park management required?
- Why have I received a Parking Charge?
- I attempted to pay for parking and did not receive a ticket from the machine, is this a problem?
- I regularly park on a car park managed by Parking Awareness Services, is it possible to obtain contract parking or a season ticket for parking?
- I wasn’t the driver, therefore I will not be paying the Parking Charge. What will happen?
- Will the parking charge increase if I lose my appeal with the IAS?